Sunday 10 June 2007

Italy

My first weekend here was pretty crazy. An extended weekend, and the irresistible option to go to Italy. Yes, It did burn a huge hole in my pocket, and I am yet to get my first stipend. But this is what living in the moment is all about. No planning, no unnecessary fancy shit, bare minimums all the way.

The scenic train ride through the Alps of Austria
Venice! No roads. Just water buses, water taxis and gondolas.


:P


And then, it rained.
Venice is flooded 230 days an year.

Rome metro. Gross. Busted.

Rome ka Gateway of India! The Palatino
Shoaib Akhtar ripped right through them!

Rome ka India Gate this time.
The Colosseum
Vatican City

Oops! Battery over. I haven't got more pics from the others yet. But yeah, the Vatican was quite an experience. Rome was a disappointment. I don't know why, but all through the city, I got the 'This is India' feeling, and so did my friends Ankit and Vivek. If only we were smart enough to respect our national monuments and promote tourism better. This city has the same feeling as any Indian city: pollution, traffic, corruption, crime. And more on the trains in the next post.

The trip ended in Verona, with Juliet's castle, and the balcony famous for the most well known conversation in Shakespearean theater. I guess I'll probably go back to Venice and Verona 10 years down the line....hmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mine italy nai ghooma to kya mere shirt ne to dekh he liya i m happy.