Saturday 9 June 2007

Number 1

Without all the fancy shit about an opening post, lets just get down to business!!

I guess most of you have already heard, maybe witnessed, enough of this, but this is pretty crazy. Its been 3 weeks in Germany, and here are some pretty funny things:

- There are no speed limits on German Highways. NONE. As the first cab driver I met would put it, "Dhraaive laike en eeidioot!"
- Beer is cheaper than drinking water. That should sum up the story.
- I get a shock every time I touch a door knob.
- The sun rises at 4 in the morning and sets at 10 in the night. There is more time to work. More time to see things. There seems to be so much more time.
- God seems to be pretty confused when allocating the daily weather to this place. Saturday is brilliantly sunny, with everyone out for a tan. Thunderstorms with really cold conditions on Monday. Sweltering heat again on Tuesday. And then a misty, cloudy cold Friday morning to top it all off.

I've learnt to smile and say HI to everyone!

People here are awesome. They would go that extra mile to make sure you are comfortable. Things get on quite smoothly, and everyone gives you your respect, and you give them theirs. There is no compromise with Discipline and Punctuality, as I realised when I missed a bus which only runs once an hour. Equality is one of the virtues of society, with no divides in caste or status, which I fell are the biggest curse on Indian society.

Other than that, life is pretty fun. Weird. Different. Figuring things out yourself. For all those who haven't done it before, shopping for yourself at the supermarket is one of the most cumbersome ways to waste time, I'll be getting into details a little later. Learning to cook is pretty fun. My first
fried rice was an absolute disaster, but now I've got the courage to invite any of you over, no doubt. And obviously, lots of new people to meet, places to go to, things to check up on. I'm Learning.

To quote myself, I'm going through an "Accelerated Growth Period"!

3 comments:

Cheeky said...

Major! [:P]

Desba said...

Way to go dude.. Blog on!!

Anonymous said...

study of effects on gene regulation of HGH(human growth hormone) on deja boy!! :P